This is my call for submissions for the August 2019 Carnival of Aros.
For those of you who don’t know what that is, the Carnival of Aros is an event where a bunch of different people discuss a theme related to aromanticism every month. Most of this discussion is via long-form blogging, but things like podcasts, videos and more are also options! If you’d like to learn more, see past and future themes, or even volunteer to host yourself, visit the Carnival of Aros WordPress.
At the end of the month, I will collect a master post with links to all of the different submissions with a short summary attached.
This month’s theme is relationships.
- Do you feel like interpersonal relationships are important to you?
- How has your orientation impacted your relationships with individuals?
- How has your orientation impacted your relationships to the communities you belong too?
- What are the most important relationships in your life?
- What does an ideal relationship look like to you?
- Do you consider attraction or orientation to be important in the relationships you chose to develop?
- Do you consider yourself polyamorous or a relationship anarchist? What do those words mean to you as an aromantic person?
- How do you feel about your familial relationships? Are they impacted by your aromanticism at all?
- How should the aro-spec community build relationships with other communities?
- How do you feel about various models that a-spec communities have come up with to talk about non-traditional relationships?
- What does the term “queerplatonic” mean to you?
How to Submit
Leave a link below in the comments to your submission as well as your name and pronouns (You should be able to do this even if you don’t have a WordPress account). If you would like to write something but don’t have a platform, feel free to fill out the contact page saying you’re interested in having me host your writing! We can exchange email from there (this does require that you have email address!).
Also fill out the contact page if you’re having issues with the comment section for some reason.